Diversity & Inclusion
- Blog Posts
We understand that fostering a diverse workplace is not only the right thing to do, but it is also good for business. As a certified women owned business, our firm has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion and we consider it to be one of the main contributors to our success. We extend this knowledge and expertise to our clients and professional contacts as we are passionate about encouraging a range of experience and thought in the wider legal and business communities. Our lawyers also contribute considerable time and energy to an array of non-profit and civic endeavors around diversity and inclusion, including holding leadership roles in local and national organizations, such as, The National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF), The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), The Derby Diversity & Business Summit (DDBS), Ellevate Network, and The Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia, Inc., among many others.
Diversity & Inclusion Training
We regularly provide training and advice to clients on fostering diversity and inclusion within their organizations. We have trained multiple privately and publicly-held companies, non-profit organizations and government entities on employee compliance with federal, state and municipal employment laws related to hiring and firing, maternity leave, race, age and gender discrimination, LGBTQ rights, accommodations for disabled veterans, and potential employees with criminal records.
We also represent numerous organizations in connection with counseling, training and investigations, including sensitive disciplinary matters involving alleged sexual misconduct and assault. We work with clients to handle these matters in a way that is equitable to all parties and reduces legal exposure. We also provide individualized training to employees, faculty, staff, and students about the educational obligations under Title IX. Through our interactive and rigorous training program, we prepare our clients to comply with their legal obligations, address the tough questions, and help them make informed decisions to manage risk.
- Advised national financial institution on diversity, equity and inclusion-related initiatives and conducted unconscious bias training for management team.
- Conducted investigations and advised Boards of Directors of prominent nonprofits in response to allegations of gender, race and sexual orientation discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- Audited and revised employment policies for multiple organizations as to diversity, inclusion and elimination of bias.
- Created and presented various customized training for public companies, law firms, government and non-profit organizations on diversity, inclusion and elimination of bias.
- Served as neutral fact-finder in internal investigations, audited and prepared new policies, and advised institutions of higher education of legal obligations under ADA, Title IX, and the Clery Act.
- Designed and conducted customized training for presidents of higher education institutions on discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment and diversity and inclusion.
- Managed high stakes confidential investigation into sexual harassment and other misconduct for international non-profit organization.
- Advised law firms on avoiding and defending claims arising out of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- Drafted comprehensive materials and conducted customized training nationwide for law firms, legal administrators and legal departments on compliance with ethical rules on bullying and bias in the profession.
- Represented individual law firm partners, corporate executives and nonprofit leaders in negotiating separation agreements with firms or employer organizations arising out of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and whistleblowing claims.